Saturday 21 March 2009

The outcome of Saturday

Sigh. So I didn't get to Nikki Patin's gig, despite my excitement. There are a few reasons for this, which all sound a bit lame really, but if you look at it with a tinge of the Glange in your thoughts then it sweetens it up a bit - I am pretty broke, I was tired, and it was cold and rainy. How apathetic, you shout! Are you channeling Aucklanders and their attendance at the Auckland International Arts Festival, you cry! I blush, turn my head slightly, and rue the day I got the ant-social bug.

She did, however, perform one of her poems on Caffeine and Aspirin for us which left me somewhat satisfied that she is absolutely wonderful. Apparently The Women's Bookshop is stocking her book, The Phat Grrrl Diaries - I had a look at it and it is brilliant. Once I'm not so broke I think I might order myself a copy as a treat.

I did, however, get a very good sleep and have woken up all cozy, with the wind blowing outside and Autumn slinking it's cold rainy arse in to the Wellington atmosphere. Pants to that, but at least the Italian Festival is on today, which should warm me up with some Mediterranean goodness...

1 comment:

  1. Saturday night...I mean, REALLY... who goes out?!! ;P

    ReplyDelete