Sunday 29 March 2009

A Wellington powerhouse in 2nd hand clothes.

The organisation I work for was nominated for a Wellington Gold Award. This is exciting, but not as exciting as the fact that the theme for the awards evening is India, and that the best dressed person there wins a trip for two to India - cue plotting to win. A friend of mine suggested that Savemart in Porirua had a whole heap of Saris, so Lotte, Bel and I were chauffeured by the Boyfriend for an afternoon at one of the 2nd Hand clothing meccas. The saris numbered one, and looked strictly Sari daywear, but I did three things for the princely sum of $30 and I like them so much I'd like to show you a couple of them... I was going to show you all of them, but I do have one question. How the hell do all these 'look what I wore today' blogs take photos of themselves? Do they have a maid that does it for them? It's not that I'm technically inept, but me and my camera struggle.

This is my rockabilly red dress. I like the little cherries where the straps meet the dress. It has a brilliant A line skirt on it... I just have to find a place to wear this to now!


This particular purchase was again because of the fabric. It is actually a dress, but it's a bit tight on the old Walker bum and thighs, so I'll be making it in to a top. It is just waiting for me to get to it in my sewing pile.
The neckline is pretty cool, huh?!

I have to admit that this post was partly inspired by Sea of Shoes. Except I don't get given Prada bags for my birthday. Normally just a Farmers bag (with something inside it). Thanks for leading me to her, Kate! And Bel and Louise - she didn't post on her blog for ages, either. So there. Not that I am looking for an excuse...

No comments:

Post a Comment